Table of Contents
- History of Valentines Day
- It all started with the birth of Saint Valentine who was born in Rome (226 A.D).
- The reality of Valentines Day
- There are still different words about how the name of Valentine is connected to romance.
- Valentine Gifts for Him :
- Valentines Day Gifts Sexy Bewda Quote Clear Glass Beer Mug
- Poetry-Art Project Personalized Gifts
- Valentines Day Gift Boyfriend. Men’s Gift Set. Gift for Boyfriend
- Personalized Valentines Gift Plaque Wood Steam Beech
- Love Glass Photo Frame
- 4K WiFi Action Camera 30M Underwater Waterproof Camera( perfect valentine gift for adventure lover )
- Wireless Bluetooth Headphones( perfect for music lover)
- Bluetooth Earbuds with Touch Controls
- Fast Wireless Charger
- Instant Camera
- Vacuum Insulated Coffee, Tea Travel Mug( perfect valentine gift for everyone)
- Diamond Cut Seamless Transparent Whiskey Glass(perfect valentine gift for a whiskey lover)
- Whiskey Glass Star Wars Stormtrooper
- USB Rechargeable Electric Arc Lighters Personalized for Valentine
- Grooming Kit( best valentine gift for personal use)
- Guitar (perfect valentine gift for him if he is a music lover)
- Tile Pro( perfect gift for tech guy so he can you anywhere )
- Mobile Camera Lens Kit (best valentine gift so that he can capture your unique photos)
- Personalized Men Wallet ( best valentine gift for him )
- Mirror Cum Photo Frame with LED (for both of you its the best valentine gift)
- Valentine LED Cushion
- Valentine Gifts for Couple :
History of Valentines Day
It all started with the birth of Saint Valentine who was born in Rome (226 A.D).
Claudius said that men are superior and better soldiers when they are single. He also said that if a man wants to live with her or want to have a physical relationship then there is no need to marry that woman.
But Saint Valentine, who was born in the same place, he traveled to different villages and said that women also deserve the same respect and men should marry a woman if he wants to live with her.
At that time there was a lot of business between India and Europe so, Valentine studied Indian history and from there he summarized that it is better to live with one woman if you want to live a healthy and loving life. There are a lot fewer complications and diseases when you live with one woman as a family.
But Claudius was opposing him by saying that they should follow the old tradition of not getting married. Under Claudius’ rule, there were so many bloody campaigns in Rome so he had to manage a large army.
But he was having a tough time for it. He believed that soldiers did not want to join the army because of their attachments to their wives and families. So to resolve this problem he banned all the marriages in Rome. But Valentine refused his decision and decided to marry young couples secretly.
So Saint Valentine became famous for traveling around the villages of Rome where he gives the message to get married and what are the benefits of it. He got different couples married in his church only.
When Claudius came to know about his actions that Valentine refused to follow his order. He got angry and gave the order to hang
The reality of Valentines Day
Valentine was arrested and his sentence was forwarded. On 14th February 278 A.D Valentine was hanged.
At that time there was a tradition of giving such harsh punishments in open ground, in front of all the people. All the people who got married because of him became sad after Valentine’s demise. A
So Valentines Day is just celebrated in the memory of Saint Valentines demise.
This is the history of Valentine’s Day. In truth accurate identity of Saint Valentine is not clear because 3 different Valentine was there. According to Catholic Encyclopedia “All of them were Martyr, one was a priest second was a bishop and third was a martyr in Roman province”.
There are still different words about how the name of Valentine is connected to romance.
In history, the Lupercalia festival was celebrated before Valentine’s Day. In that festival, different men and women would place their names in jars and those names were drawn to create the pairings. So you can say it serves as a basis for Valentine Day but there is no proof of it. But later on in 496 A.D, Pope Gelasius ended the feast of Lupercalia. He declared 14 February to be celebrated as Saint Valentine’s Day.
It is very astonishing that Valentine’s Day is based on the concept of getting married on the basis of love. So what are you going to do this Valentine’s Day? Whether it is a candlelight dinner, a long drive, love talks or whatever it is but make sure to do it with the heart and it shall last throughout the year.
Gifts are always appreciated at this occasion so you should gift something to your partner that constantly reminds of you. You must have given gifts before also but on this day it is like a mandatory act. Your gift’s worth does not depend on its cost but its uniqueness. Just in case if you are wondering whether you should gift or what you should gift we have some best gift ideas for you.